Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear Friends and Family,
I am in the middle of another cycle and so have time to write. It is amazing to me that I have been out for 5 months already. The missionaries don't count months, they count transfers so because our transfers are every six weeks its a little different. I have been out for 3 transfers and only have 4 more to go. The worst part is I already received an email for President Corey asking about my replacement. Ugh!
Anyway, I would like to share with you a spiritual moment. We usually have 4 zone conferences. We have 8 zones(which correspond to the 8 stakes the mission is over) and we have 2 zones together per conference. So, I am privileged to hear the president's message 4 times. I also get to transcript it for the mission history. It is amazing every time! I have been able to learn so much. This last time President Corey went over Alma 7 and likened it unto the missionaries. However, verses 11 and 12 just leapt out at me. Reminding me all that the Lord is and has done for me. I also wonder that while he will take upon himself our pains and suffering, he will also take upon him our afflictions. What are afflictions if not pain and suffering? Something to ponder.
Anyway, I miss you all and hope you are well. Drop a note or call sometime.
Love ya,
Sister (Gail) Kingsley

1 comment:

Donald Kingsley said...

I have been trying to get a hold of you for days... I will keep trying... I love you!!!