Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just anyother day!

Dear Friends and Family,
It doesn't seem like almost a month since I added something on here. That means the stock market was about 1500 points higher and we didn't know about the other $900 billion! :(
Anyway, it is the week before transfers (they happen every six weeks) so it is a little quiet. Transfer week goes something like this:
Our new missionaries get here on Tuesday (we have a new missionary arrival dinner and meeting that night). We have transfers on Wednesday (Another meeting, lunch and more training). Wednesday night is departing missionary dinner and testimony meeting (all the departing missionaries come in on transfers and stay at the mission home wed. nite because they usually have to be at the airport by 5am on thursday). Thursday I enter all the changes so that I can print a new mission roster for everyone. This usually takes all day. Friday is mission council but the office is not involved in that. So far, by friday no one in the office does much of anything because none of us can think straight.
Then, the next couple weeks I prepare all the letters for - new missionary parents safe arrival letter, new trainers, new District Leaders and parents, new Zone Leaders and parents, future missionaries due to go into the MTC the next month and parents, and departure forms for the missionaries leaving in 3 months! This usually takes me a couple weeks because there are four Zone conferences in the next two weeks. I record the Presidents training and transcribe it for the Mission History(which I'm also responsible for). By that time, I'm preparing the programs for the next transfer and zone conferences, getting the next month's calendar ok'd and mailed out, getting the recommendations of the newly assigned missionaries printed and in files. And so it goes.
Needless to say I usually stay busy. I am also waiting for the weather to break so that I can walk more. We have a fantastic walkway called the Monon Trail. You can look it up on line. Monontrail.com. I will be able to walk (or bike if I can get a helmet) to work. It will be great. Well, I'd better go for now. Take Care and let me hear from you soon.
ME

2 comments:

MoMmY k:-) said...

I am sure you are ready for the weather to clear up and warm up! :-)I enjoyed a couple days in the 50's..but that's gone for now. Oh well, it will come eventually.

Donald Kingsley said...

Yeah, there are sprouts from some lost bulbs in our front yard though :-)
Love YA!!!