Saturday, May 23, 2009



Howdy friends!
Guess what! I found me a bike. How do I look? There is an amazing trail here called the Monon Trail. That’s right Monon. It is about 20 miles long and goes through the city of Carmel where I happen to live. It is mostly flat terrain here so that is a plus and the trail is paved and marked for walkers, roller skaters and bikes. I have been walking home from the office at least 3 to 4 times a week (about 2.5 miles) and one of the missionaries that is departing this next transfer gave me his bike. Suppose to be a 24 gear bike but only one works in the rear and two in the front. But it’s good enough for me.
I went on a six mile ride this morning and have been doing 2 to 3 after dinner some nights. It is almost summer here and stays light now till almost 9 pm. Fantastic. The weather is starting to be really nice too. I even bought clothes line and clothes pins and have an outside dryer now in the car port.
Well, I Mothers Day brought my half way point here. It is going so fast. I also am looking forward to November because I already bought my plane ticket to Germany. I will be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, and most of January there. Upon returning, I will land in St. Louis for a while with Elizabeth and Royal. They are only 15 mins from a Temple and I have a years worth of missing that place to make up.
Please write soon. Letters really are a missionaries life line.
Happy as always! ME!

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

You look good on that bike, Mom! You might considering entitling your posts. ;-) How about, "Gramma's New Set of Wheels" or "Biker Gramma" or "Helmet Hair"? Happy Hump day!

Freth Stifter said...

Way to go! That's good exercise. It's always delightful to read your monthly updates.

They just divided the Ward here in "L.A." ... Jeanette or somebody will tell you all about it.

All the best from the wife and I. :-)